Board Meetings are generally scheduled for the fourth Monday of each month.
All meetings are held at the Bird Park Admin Building conference room, located at 893 W Station St, Kankakee, Illinois, at 5:00 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
The Kankakee Valley Park District will hold its Decennial Committee Meeting on Local Government Efficiency on Monday, February 26, 2024 at 4:00 p.m. in Bird Park Administration Building Conference Room. This meeting will take place prior to the monthly meeting of the Park Board, and is open to the public. The meeting agenda is linked here.
The Kankakee Valley Park District formed its Committee on Local Government Efficiency on June 10, 2022, to study efficiencies and report recommendations regarding those efficiencies and increased accountability. The committee was formed pursuant to the passing of the Decennial Committee on Local Government Efficiency Act, 50 ILCS70/1.
The committee consists of the following individuals:
• Dave Skelly, park Board President
• Don Palmer, Park Board Vice President
• James Frey, Park Board Secretary
• Michael Matthews, Park Board Treasurer
• Raymond Eads, Park Board Commissioner
• Dayna J. Heitz, Executive Director and Committee Chairperson
• Melissa Woodard, Superintendent of Business
• Lisa Krenkel, Superintendent of Recreation
• Bill Spriggs, Resident Member
• Matt Mullady, Resident Member