Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
• view falls as controllable
• set goals for increasing activity
• make changes to reduce fall risks at home
• exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• anyone concerned about falls
• anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
• anyone who has fallen in the past
• anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
This class meets on Friday mornings from 10:00am– 12:00pm, October 8 - December 3,2021. Class will meet at the KVPD Rec Center (150 N. Indiana Ave. in Kankakee). Please call Kelli to register by Friday, October 1 at 815-933-7791, ext: 9910.
Program is FREE and for individuals who are age 60 or older. Masks and social distancing are required. Presented by Catholic Charities.